Friday, August 18, 2006

An Envisioning Testimony

God created all things, and they were good; all things have fallen from that original goodness; Jesus has begun the work of redemption for all things through his death and resurrection; and all things are waiting to be restored by Jesus. And finally, my role, my part of the story, is aiding the Spirit’s work of restoration by seeking to make all things as they should have been. My desire is to be an agent of shalom.


Everyday I am faced with two Truths. The first is that the more I follow Jesus, the more I try and love students and other young adults, and the second is, the more I try to push back the Fall in this world, I see only more of my own sin and brokenness. I see each day that I am far worse than I ever imagined.

However, through God’s grace, as I see my sin and brokenness more each day I am understanding a new Truth, again and again. Why would Jesus choose me? How could he use me to act on His behalf in this world when my own heart is so broken? And I begin see again, through the cross, the depth of God’s love for me. And I begin to see again, through the resurrection, the power of the Gospel that is at work in my life to push out the darkness in all areas of my life, and bring in the light of Jesus. That’s when I begin to understand that as deeply as I am broken, is how deeply I am loved. And I remember the second Truth.

I am far more loved than I ever dreamed.

No comments: