Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jerram ruined me. I used to, during my early years following Jesus, LOVE LOVE to make fun of/hate/out-argue, etc people who were not followers of Christ. Come to think of it, you needed to be a "Reformed" follower of Christ for me to think you were wisely using the air God was giving you.

Anyway, I go to Covenant Seminary and Jerram Barrs makes me read the Bible and study the life of Jesus Christ and I find that EVERY HUMAN is an image-bearer of God......and therefore worthy of dignity and respect.

So, here I am years later and somehow, God shows me the beauty of his world through a dude that I probably have


Maybe because I love my son, who loves music and can actually play it

Michael Stipe, Humility, Bono, U2






this is it.
and we get to watch him zen out, confess, render his self transparent concerning what could otherwise be a big, bad, demonic case of bono envy. dude stops mimetic rivalry in its tracks (or at least renders it non-destructive).
i'm gonna learn to rock out too.

No comments: