Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jesus Gets & Fills My Heart

i had the HARDEST time getting these lyrics... had to email dude personally... so want them available to more... (buy the album, this song and couple others are worth it)


None Among
From the album All I Owe, available at www.matthewsmith.us
Words by John Berridge and Matthew S. Smith, Music by Matthew S. Smith
© 2006 Detuned Radio Music (ASCAP)


1. When by faith my Lord I see,
Bleeding on a cross for me
Quick my idols all depart,
Jesus gets and fills my heart

Chorus
None among the sons of men, none among the heavenly train
Can with Jesus then compare, none so sweet, none so fair

2. Soon my tongue would fain express
All His love and loveliness
But I lisp and falter forth
Broken words, not half His worth

Bridge
Oh I try and try again, still my efforts are in vain
And I know, despite my pride, that His truth will still remain
Idols crowd my heart and mind and demand I shed my blood
But the Lord, the risen Christ has secured me in the flood
Has secured me in the flood

No comments: