Tuesday, August 28, 2007

John Newton, Mark 4, Grace and Corn

I could joyfully listen to some accents (Australian, Scots, English) read the phone book. Similarly, I could read John Newton writing about anything. Here are 3 letters he wrote a dude who asked him what he thought of the progress of grace in a Christian's life.

"I shall not therefore give you a copy of my own experience, or of that of any individual; but shall endeavor, as clearly as I can, to state what the Scripture teaches us concerning the nature and essentials of a work of grace, so far as it will bear a general application to all those who are the subjects of gracious operations."


Grace in the Blade

Grace in the Ear

The Full Corn in the ear

These are meditations on the parable in Mark 4, which interestingly, is the only parable of Jesus that is ONLY found in Mark's gospel.



No comments: